UHY provides a wealth of tax services and experience aimed at lowering your effective tax rate to keep your business operating efficiently in today’s ever-changing tax environment. Tax preparation and other compliance services are an essential part of the tax practice. Our tax professionals possess expertise in domestic and international tax matters involving income, excise, estate and gift taxes. We have concentrated our efforts by working mainly with corporate and partnership entities, as well as high net worth individuals with their retirement planning and estate planning. We solve complex tax issues and provide clients with knowledgeable tax planning advice and compliance services to reduce their tax burdens locally and throughout the world.
Objective of an Internship: The internship program represents an opportunity for students to experience the practice of public accounting first hand and to integrate this experience with their formal education. The practical experience of the internship facilitates education by providing students with insights into the economics of the practice and allowing students to gain a broader perspective of tax that can be used throughout the remainder of their formal education. The internship provides both the student and UHY with an opportunity to develop a relationship that may have long-term career implications.
1. Obtain a basic understanding of trial balance, general ledger, tax preparation, depreciation, and amortization software used by our department.
2. Learn to calculate and prepare fixed asset depreciation schedules on different book and tax bases.
3. Learn to input client’s working trial balance into software and make adjustments.
4. Manage engagements wisely, including sensitivity to budget constraints and maintaining an accurate work-in-progress schedule of work assigned.
5. Learn to cope with the demanding multi-tasking nature of public accounting.
6. Learn and practice basic preparation skills for federal and state tax returns.
Must be pursuing a degree in Accounting at an accredited college/university.
High School Diploma or GED.
No experience required.
Demonstrated knowledge of basic business, technology, or audit principles/standards.
Actively working toward passing the CPA Exam, or planning to pursue the CPA Exam in the future